Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I bought a house....now the fun really begins!

I purchased a very cute little bungalow in the Fountainbleau/Marleyville neighborhood in New Orleans, LA.  I had been looking at houses for only a short time when I saw the listing for what I like to call, "the cuteness".  Actually, I was not drawn to my house when I saw its pictures on the real estate website.  It goes to show you that while a picture may be worth a thousand words, the real thing is always better!  It was at the end of a long day of house viewing when we decided to "oh, we're in the neighborhood and we have an appointment" see one more house.  As soon as I walked in, I knew I was home.  It had such a great feel to it, welcoming, warm and cozy!  And best yet, I could move right in and "make it my own" slowly.....no need for major wall moving or tearing out bathrooms or gutting kitchens!  I have done all of these....and loved every minute of it, don't get me wrong!  I just wanted a little less chaos and a lot more enjoyment this time around.  So, as soon as I figure out how to post the pictures that I have of the house, I'll let you in on the progress and hopefully get some much needed and looked forward to input!  See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, congrats! I know, the carpet in my master is terrible. But, it came with the house. And, a year and a half after buying the house, it's worth a little less than it was before - that's the Phx market for you... so until it picks up, we don't want to put any additional money into the house itself (we already put in close to $10K between the yard and office). Instead, we will enjoy decorating. But, for this reason, I am not decorating around this carpet color. So, do your best to ignore it for now. Until we do replace it, which we will... asap. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete